Related Photo Galleries
After we installed the motor, we tried putting the fuel injection manifold on, only to find that the water outlet on top of the pump hit the throttle body. So, Marty, being the "git-er-done" type of person he is, cut the snout off the pump and welded on a standard snout that ran to the side instead of up to clear the FI unit. That worked out great and solved a potentially serious problem. We ran into several other issues that required evaluation and solution, such as cooling of the SEMTECH emissions testing box by running an air hose inside the cockpit to the fan at the back of the unit. As an additional note, the emissions test box weighed about 100 pounds and was mounted high in the car raising the center of gravity a considerable amount. When we removed it for our last outing of the test, Dalton remarked that he could feel the difference going down pit road, it was that influential to the setup.