On lap 25, Davis found more grip in turn one than Sherman and passed him for good. Davis won the race over Sherman by just over one second. As Davis pulled to a stop after the race, his tire popped and went flat. He had gotten all the value out of that Hoosier he was going to get. Sherman's tire was not in much better condition but he had seen the tire smoking that Davis was doing and had backed it down a notch to see if Davis's tire would last through the feature. All it would have taken was a half a lap more and the tire on Davis's car would have been destroyed and Sherman's strategy would have paid off with a win. The finishing order for Friday night was Charles Davis Jr. in First, Jeremy Sherman in Second, Jon Stanbrough Third, Cory Kruesman in Fourth and Jerry Coons Jr. in the Fifth spot.

Saturday dawned clear and the air was still all day. The track was still hurting from the abuse it had taken on Friday night but the track crew was doing its best to resurrect a racing surface worthy of the stand out field that was there to race. The top four cars were already qualified for the main based on their finishing order on Friday night. The rest of the field would have to go through the same process as the previous night and race their way into the main event. There were a few more flips and tumbles by some of the drivers but the racing was very good and the fans were treated to a great evening of racing.

While some of the sprint car purists would have liked to see the cars qualify and run a more abbreviated format, the fans really liked the amount of racing and the great show they were treated to each night.

Jerry Coons Jr. had some issues with the car and it was clear that he was not going to be a threat in the main, if he even could make the main. It was obvious that the car was not up to the talents of the driver this particular night.

The heat races were all very good with lots of close racing, there were fewer catastrophic flips and crashes on Saturday than Friday. The drivers must have gotten their fill. When it came time to run the main event, the front row was Sherman and Kruesman ready to do battle. At the start it looked like Sherman had been fired out of a cannon. He was flat moving, and even at this early stage of the race it looked like he was on his way to the big payday. On lap three, Jeremy punctured his right rear. He was forced to pit and change the tire-fortunately for Jeremy, there was a yellow for a spun car and he was able to change the tire and stay on the lead lap. He was, however, now at the rear of the field and Kruesman was leading. The fans were up on their feet ready to watch a charged up Sherman make a run through the field.

When the green flag was waved that is just what happened, Kruseman was pulling away from the pack and Sherman was going through the pack. Each lap Sherman was heading to the front and for a short time it looked like he was going to make it, but there were not enough yellows to keep the pack bunched up and Sherman did not have enough laps left to get the job done. Final result: Kruseman wins his third Western World Championship and Sherman comes up a bit short finishing Fifth for his efforts. The final finishing order was Cory Kruseman, Charles Davis Jr. in Second and Jesse Hockett in Third.

Post-race conversations with Jeremy Sherman found him a bit despondent. The race seemed to be his to win from the start. He was moving forward and nobody seemed to be able to stay with him. Racing is filled with stories of races that should have been won by one driver only to have the rug pulled out from under their car and be deprived of what seemed like a sure victory. It just goes to show you that it's not over until it's over. Next year is only 12 months away.