The computer readout shows the rpm, speed, and its own A/F ratio measured at the end of the exhaust pipe. Our dual sensors were placed in a better location and measured each bank, versus a combination of both.





The data table at the upper left of the screen tells the run number and the peak horsepower. We kept notes on the specific changes that were made for each run. As you can see, we did not always gain power with each change.





We checked the timing and discovered that we were about 5 degrees short. Once we increased the timing to where it should have been, we gained about 5 hp.






We even changed to a taller air cleaner and again realized a gain in horsepower. So changes were made to the airbox and inlet box to accommodate the larger air cleaner.







We decided to try a different carburetor, but we did not make sure the jetting was the same. Sure enough, the new, and presumably better carb, was down on horsepower. Once we discovered the difference and made a change to the jets on the new carburetor, we saw a gain in horsepower.





During the chassis dyno test, we could read the A/F meter directly as the car accelerated and decelerated. This gave us instant information. We were surprised at the coast-down readings, and those really told the story about the rich carburetor.




The next day, we hit the track at Bronson Speedway to do further testing. We found we had to make more changes to the jets to accommodate the different weather that had moved through Florida.






SOURCE
F.A.S.T. Technologies