Meet the behind-the-scenes guys who make it all happen
Editor's Note: This is a continuing feature highlighting some of the faces behind the race cars and drivers we all know. These Circle Track Hero Maker sports cards are the kinds of trading cards we'd like to collect.
Vice President of Operations
Joe Gibbs Racing Car #18
MB2 Motorsports Car #36
Roush Racing Car #97
Hometown: Fayetteville, AR
* Early Years: After high school, attended Virginia Tech and earned a degree in accounting.
* In 1992, hired out of college by Joe Gibbs Racing to serve as vice president of operations.
* Serves as front tire carrier on race day.
"My most memorable time was when we finished first and second at Richmond in September. Tony (Stewart) got his first win and Bobby (Labonte) came in second. It didn't matter to me who won; I was proud we finished in that order because we are one team."
Hometown: Busti, NY
* Early Years: While in high school, worked on Late Model Dirt car engines. Earned a mechanical engineering degree in college.
* Moved to Charlotte in 1996 to work at T & L Engines.
* In 1999, went to work at Roush Racing.
"To come from a small town into the world of Winston Cup racing is special to me. It's hard for me to really believe that I am working with so many big names. Working at Roush Racing is the best thing that has happened to me, and every day is special."
Hometown: Concord, NC
* Early Years: Won a trip to Daytona in 1996 and while in the stands, decided to get involved in racing.
* Moved to Charlotte to work with Richard Petty Driving Experience in 1997.
* Accepted full-time employment with the M&M's team in 1997 as general mechanic.
"My best memory so far is my first Daytona race in February 1998. I was over the wall, and with 40 cars coming down the pit lane, the adrenaline rush was incredible. I just zoned in and did my job. What a rush that was!"