Johnson High Tech Performance Pumps are designed and produced to tolerances that make them exceptionally efficient. Most importantly, every Johnson Pump is manufactured from the highest quality materials and machined to such close tolerances that customers are often unaware of the superior pumping efficiencies they realize from their products.
Johnson's HTPP have quite a history too. For over 30 years, they have been designing and manufacturing precision-made pumps for the aerospace and motor racing industries. Their pumps are used in applications where failure is not an option.
Technically, Johnson's products define state-of-the art, not just in design but also in manufacturing tolerances. Pump manufacturing incorporates a stacking of machining tolerances-of bearings, shafts, gears, and housings. With strict tolerance parameters, a pump can withstand the hostile environment of pressures, temperatures, and longevity. Performance gains from proper design are especially noticeable at elevated operating temperatures, when the pump's performance actually increases. Ultimately, these advantages translate to greater horsepower and reliability from your race engine.
Here are just a few features every Johnson Engineering Pump includes:
* Shafts are heat-treated, precision-ground, and polished
* Gear housings and bulkheads are precision-machined from 7075 T-6 aircraft aluminum
* All studs are 5/16-inch stainless steel with allen nuts
* Double roller bearings are used on the front cover
* Precision caged needle bearings are used at each bulkhead
* Bulkheads are hard anodized
* Precision machined gears are moly impregnated
* The entire pump assembly is dowel pinned to assure precise alignment of 0.0005-inch tolerance
* Gear housings are "O" ringed on both sides to prevent leakage
* Pressure relief scavenge stage to reduce aeration of oil
* Gear cases finned (heat-sinked) to increase heat transfer
* Intake ports angled 10 degrees for ease of fitting installations
* Complete CAD-CAM engineered and manufactured
Just as important as technology is the correct application of racing pumps. That system is comprised of many elements: pump volume, pump pressures, temperature operating range, efficiency, duration of operation, etc. Johnson engineers can help you personally select the best pump for your application to maximize efficiency, horsepower, and reliability.
Johnson's High Tech Performance